Platte County Law Firm
Family Law, Estate Planning, Business Law, Civil Litigation and General Practice
Witt, Hicklin & Snider, P.C., offers a general law practice for the benefit of local area businesses and developers, governments and residents. Founded in 1963, we have developed a reputation for trusted service, professionalism and integrity.
By providing quality legal representation and superior client service, we strive to be the law firm of choice for all of your legal needs. Many of our clients come to us as a result of client referrals and from returning clients who appreciate the quality of representation we provide. Should you choose to retain Witt, Hicklin & Snider, P.C., you can be certain that your legal matter will be handled with the highest degree of competence, care and confidentiality.
Our Practice Areas
As a general law practice, we can handle most legal matters that may affect your rights and interests, including:
- Family law, including divorce, child custody and visitation, property division, child support, spousal support, adoption, paternity and post-decree modifications.
- Estate planning and probate, including wills, trusts, powers of attorney, medical directives, probate litigation and probate of estates. We also assist clients with guardianships of adults and juveniles.
- Business law, including general advice and counsel, business formations, contracts, business purchase and sales, shareholder agreements, annual corporate filings, creditor collections and litigation.
- Real estate, including residential and commercial real estate transactions, deeds and leases, quiet title actions, zoning laws, 1031 tax-deferred exchanges and real estate litigation.
- Banking law: We currently serve six banks and their branches. We provide a full range of outside general counsel services, including contract draft and review, collections, loan agreements, loan documentation and other banking law matters.
- Civil litigation, including partnership disputes, contract disputes, business disputes, real estate litigation, commercial litigation and other civil litigation. We represent clients at all stages of dispute resolution, including pre-claim negotiations, mediation, arbitration and trial.
- Civil Mediation: Attorney Jennifer M. Snider is an experienced mediator and arbitrator. Ms. Snider has more than 17 years of legal experience and is a past president of the Platte County Bar Association. Contact our firm to learn more about our mediation and arbitration services.
- Domestic Mediation: Attorney Jennifer M. Snider has fifteen (15) years of experience in probate litigation, contested guardianships, dissolution and family law matters. She is a certified domestic mediator.
- Local government law: We are an established law firm with recognized strengths in the representation of local government entities, including cities, townships and other government municipalities. We also serve businesses and individuals in legal matters involving government agencies.
- Criminal defense, including traffic, DUI, misdemeanor and felony criminal charges. We defend adults and juveniles. Several of our attorneys have experience serving as prosecutors. Our ability to understand cases from all sides enables us to quickly analyze key issues and defenses that may be used to the benefit of our clients.
- Personal injury, including motor vehicle accident and other negligence-based claims. We are committed to helping people who have been injured by the negligence and wrongdoing of others. As skilled trial lawyers and negotiators, we will vigorously pursue the full compensation you are entitled to receive.
Serving Platte County, Kansas City and Surrounding Communities
We are located in Platte City, Missouri. We look forward to hearing from you about your legal needs. To schedule a consultation with one of our Platte County lawyers, call 816-858-2750 or contact us by e-mail.